To build a fire / Chabout©♭ ; translation by Laura Waters.
- 1 of 1 copy available at BC Interlibrary Connect.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Fort Nelson Public Library.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Holdable?||Status||Due Date|
|Fort Nelson Public Library||GN CHA (Text)||35246000965226||Adult Graphic Novels||Volume hold||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9781982100827 (paperback)
- ISBN: 1982100826 (paperback)
- Physical Description: 62 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 24 cm.
- Edition: First Gallery 13 trade paperback edition.
- Publisher: New York : Gallery 13, an imprint of Simon & Schuster, Inc., 2018.
- Copyright: ℗♭2016.
"Based on Jack London's classic story"
"Originally published in Franch by Editions Gl©♭nat, S.A. as Construire un feu"--Title page verso.
"Miles across the sunless Yukon toward the Klondike to search for gold, a man and a dog trek through the Great White North, struggling to survive nature's frigid indifference. The year 1896 is bleak for many as severe economic depression creeps throughout the United States. Suddenly, hope in the form of gold is found in the mountains of Northern Canada. For those facing the miserable destitution created by America's economic turmoil, this rich discovery seems like a miraculous chance for fortune and fame... Soon, hundreds rush northward with the dream of claiming wealth beyond imagination, pitting themselves against leagues of ice, snow, and solitude. But neither thick layers of wool nor an iron will are enough to ensure their safety in this oppressive cold... and no man should be traveling in an unforgiving environment of fifty degrees below zero..."--Back cover.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Gold > Canada > Fiction.
Survival > Fiction.