The mark of the king / Jocelyn Green.
- 5 of 5 copies available at BC Interlibrary Connect. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Fort Nelson Public Library.
0 current holds with 5 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Holdable?||Status||Due Date|
|Fort Nelson Public Library||FIC GRE (Text)||35246000914471||Adult Fiction||Volume hold||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9780764219061 (trade paper)
- ISBN: 9780764230035 (cloth : acid-free paper)
- Physical Description: 406 pages ; 22 cm
- Publisher: Minneapolis, Minnesota : Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group, 
- Copyright: ©2017.
Includes Discussion questions.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references.
After the death of her client, midwife Julianne Chevalier is imprisoned and branded, marking her as a criminal beyond redemption. Hoping to reunite with her brother, a soldier, she trades her life sentence for exile to the fledging French colony of Louisiana. The price of her transport, however, is a forced marriage to a fellow convict. New Orleans is nothing like Julianne expects. The settlement is steeped in mud and mosquitoes, and there is no news of her brother, Benjamin. When tragedy strikes, she turns to military officer Marc-Paul Girard for help, but does he know more about her brother than he will admit? With her dreams shattered, Julianne must find her way in this dangerous land, where only grace - and love - can overcome the stigma of the king's mark upon her shoulder.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Midwives > Fiction
Louisiana > History > Fiction